Life in Shanghai

Monday, August 13, 2007

Home!

I'm home! Shanghai seems much nicer this time. We have been in some rough places.
I went to Decathalon, the local outdoor equipment store and bought a rain fly for my backpack, something I almost did before the trip, but didn't and should have. I also got a rack with a collapsible basket for the back of my bike.
Then I bought two baby turtles to add a little excitement to life at home. (Work starts on Thursday).
Erik thought of the names Rich and Rob, I agreed, they are good names. Rich immediately took to the task of escaping. He tried about five times to crawl out of the water, but kept ending up on his back flailing his arms. Rob sat idly by watching the spectacle. He then walked to the edge of the water and crawled out first try. He walked over to the corner and went to sleep. (I hope he is doing well, because he hasn't moved much).
Rich finally got out of the water, but walked right off the edge in his excitement and ended up with arms flailing again. He's still trying to get out, its been about 5 hours.

Rich

Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home