Life in Shanghai

Friday, January 19, 2007

It's Cold

So after much looking and idea pondering, I have constructed a pull-up bar for our apartment. It’s actually very simple, but it took me three trips to B&Q (China’s Home Depot) to figure it out.
Since it started getting cold I haven’t been very active. I was swimming a few months ago when the weather was warm, but the pool is not heated. We also were playing volleyball during volleyball season at the school, but that has been over for months. Jr. High volleyball is supposed to start soon, so hopefully things will get a little more active for me.
I have been rock climbing at the local indoor (really it’s covered, but not enclosed) gym twice in the last five months. The first time was in the summer heat and the second was in the winter cold. It was still fun, but I am so out of shape from not climbing in so long, I get tired too fast. So that’s where the big push to get a pull-up bar came from. Hopefully when I actually go climbing I won’t get pumped too quickly!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home