Life in Shanghai

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Downtown

We spent Saturday exploring downtown Shanghai. We had a few hang ups with the language barrier, but all in all I think we did pretty good getting around. We bought some public transportation cards that can be used with local buses, taxis and the Metro.

In order to get to down town we have to ride a bus or taxi a few miles to the nearest Metro station, then its another 15-20 mins on the subway. Its really quite simple. The Shanghai metro is quite nice. The cars are modern, but there are loads of people.

I'm still pretty clueless about where and what things are, this trip was more of an exploritory/introductory trip. I'm sure later I will know street, district and building names, but as for now it suffices to say we went to one of the main downtown type areas.



I think something was lost in translation here...



A Thai restaurant we went to for lunch



I have no idea what this advertisement is trying to sell.



Janai with her Shanghai Architecture book, trying to spot buildings. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home